Thursday, August 13, 2015

Miscellaneous

I finished reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.  It was a very helpful book.  I have much more tidying up to do.  I jotted down a few notes of things I want to remember from this book.  These are the things I noted:
1.  Keep things that bring you joy.
2. You have to see everything you have to be able to sort out what to keep and what to get rid of.
3. Reasons you can't throw stuff away:  attachment to the past and fear of the future
4. Things will still work out even if you don't have something.
5.  Some people buy stuff to satisfy a craving.
6. Impulse buying may be an attempt to alleviate stress.
The only thing about this book that seems weird is the thanking of your possessions for serving you.  But maybe that is the act of being grateful for what you have.

I made this tape measure cover from a kit a long time ago.



The tape measure pulled out too far and broke.  I couldn't get it back in.  I didn't want to throw it away so yesterday I decided to fix it.  I cut some threads so I could get the old tape measure out and then I put in a new one.  You ask, "You have tape measures on hand?"  Why yes, I do, several in fact.

I went looking through my cabinet.  I browsed through some old Fine Lines magazines.  Then I looked at a few patterns I had stacked up in there.  I found one that I want to make for my casket.  I bought the pattern two years ago at the Silver Needle.

 I have all the threads.  I just never started it.  So yesterday I started.  First you backstitch all the lines and then you fill it in the areas created.  I started with her boob.

 I'm not sure which casket this will go in.  I think it will be inside the top lid of the double casket as I expect it to be about 4 by 6 inches when it is done.
A

1 comment:

  1. Cute tape measure, and another cool casket block.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete