Saturday, October 10, 2015

RTFM

Son#1 has a shirt that says "RTFM".  It's computer talk that means "read the directions" in so many words.  That's what I should have done.  I printed out some of the instructions for Harmony last night and came across information on how to do the Or Nue part.  Too late!  I just finished it.

 I should have read it first and then I wouldn't have made so many rookie mistakes.  But alas, I learned by doing or rather I learned by doing it wrong.  But it is water over the bridge now as it is complete and it will do.  As I usually say, it isn't perfect.   But Yeah!  It's done now.  On to other things.  I accidentally clicked on Lesson 16 and saw how to work the Tudor Rose scissors fob.  It is soooo cute.  So I thought I would just try one petal and see how it went.  I didn't get very far before the clock struck eleven which is time to stop for the day.

Today I want to see how it goes.  I am so looking forward to talking with Amy Mitten when I'm on the tour.  I'm going to see if I can wheedle some information out of her on the next Casket Keepsake, Diligence.  I can keep a secret, really.

I got a corner done on the Big Mermaid!

I worked to fill in some stuff so I could see how the corner looked all finished.

 It is great.  I love it.
I really should put a few threads in the Quaker Bag.  I end up taking out half of what I stitch each time so it is a little frustrating.
I'd like to put a thread in Elizabethan Eights as well.  I read through the directions but still don't know why the bottom border is sometimes over four and sometimes over six.  I guess I should fix what I did wrong.  Sometimes when I time myself I realize that taking something out only takes a few minutes.
I've been walking this morning.  I started off when it was still dark.  Then I've been to the Farmer's Market for the last time this year.  It will be all over by the time I get back from the tour.  I got some caramels to tide me over.  Yum.
A

3 comments:

  1. I have the spent the day with the lovely Amy Mitten. She is teaching her sampler "Ten" to a group of us in England before heading north to join you for the Casket Tour. She is great fun and an excellent teacher. I'm sure you're all going to have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all do that sometimes.
    The mermaid is looking great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete