Monday, February 22, 2016

We Have Drawstrings

When you do fingerlooping drawstrings they have to be done in one go.  So before you start, go to the bathroom, adjust the angle of the TV, moisturize your hands, get comfortable and then start.  I was delighted that I didn't have to start over and didn't mess up horribly.  I got both drawstrings done.
  I timed myself.  It took about half an hour to weave each one.  I am very happy with how they turned out.  I have woven drawstrings several times in Amy Mitten's projects.

I sewed the needle felt page and its partner together and then to the bag.  (This was so exciting!)
Then I sewed the large panel to the small panel on one edge.  That is hard to see.




Anyway, it all folds up.  I still have to sew four buttons on the bag, one for each flap to button to.
But before I do that I have one more part (actually two) to do.  I have to stitch the front and the back of the notebook.
I started:
The notebook fits under a huge hedobo, see where my finger is?
So until I get the notebook done and put in, I don't know exactly where to sew the buttons.
I can't believe that I am almost done with the Quaker Bag.  Wow.
After all that, I discovered a new offering from Amy Mitten.  It is a pin keep with a world map on it.  I have been wanting to stitch a small fabric globe with the continents on it.  This is close.  I asked the question, "Do I love her new kit?  and the answer was "Yes".  So I ordered it.  It comes out in April.  Something to look forward to.
A

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh!!! You've done a great job and it looks absolutely perfect. You should be so proud and thrilled - I certainly am for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Thanks for the enabling--I just bought the world pinkeep!!! :)
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's so beautiful dear
    Super amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking great.
    Almost done?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done Amy! And yes, I have ordered the globe pin keep as well - and a couple more to give as gifts. Amy M just keeps on producing wonderful designs.....

    ReplyDelete