Friday, April 15, 2016

Half Way

We are half way through April.  How can that be?  As DH says, time flies when you're having fun, and even when you aren't.  We are still on baby watch.  No news.  I worked on the birth announcement's mermaid.

 I had a brilliant idea last night.  I looked for some sparkly thread to do the mermaid's tail.  I had some Bijoux but I didn't have the right color.  Then I found some Krenik small braid in the perfect color.  I tried it and liked it.  Now, in the light of day I need to look at it again and see if I still like it.

I think it will be okay.

I got the bag part stitched for the Bristol Bag.

I started the paper piecing band that goes along the bottom.

  I realized that I have to stitch the bottom of the bag which just has my initials .  I guess I am making some progress.
A

2 comments:

  1. I think the tail looks good with the Kreinik thread.
    Great progress on the Sampler and bag.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete