Sunday, April 24, 2016

Ironing

I don't think many people still do much ironing anymore.  I often see a couple of old guys walking in the mornings and one of them always has on a nicely ironed shirt.  It drives me crazy.  Some poor wife irons those shirts for her retired husband.  I am so glad not to iron dress shirts for DH anymore.
But for good finishing you must iron your work.  To be a good sewer you must iron frequently.  Same for quilting.  It makes a world of difference for stitching.  I ironed the birth announcement after I finished stitching it yesterday.  It loos so much nicer.
There was a crease down the middle and I hope I got it completely out.  When this is mounted on a board for framing, it will be snugly laced so no crease at all will be seen.
I still need to order the frame.  Today, I'll do it today!

I started a bit more on the top of Buzz.  I'm enjoying this one.  Oh to get to the fun side of it.
Then I decided that I must get the Just Nan Flying High needle book done this week.  No more procrastinating!  I finished the back side (except for the beads and middle of the flower) and am ready to start the front.
I love the feel of this Smokey Pearl linen.  It is great to work on.
Facetime this afternoon with DS#2, DIL, Claire and the new baby!!
A

3 comments:

  1. the Birth Sampler is so cute.
    A great design for a boy.
    Can't wait to see more of Buzz and the JN piece.
    Have fun on Facetime!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so quick to judge, my hubby does all of the ironing right now and he does a better job than I do. He covets a crisply ironed shirt and either does it himself or sends it to the cleaners. My buttoned down shirts and work slacks are always pressed. A good ironing always makes stitchery look finished. All of your stitching is so pretty. I hope your greatly enjoy your facetime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love the birth sampler and can't wait to see what frame you pick for it. The JN piece is beautiful and I absolutely love the colors.

    ReplyDelete