Thursday, April 21, 2016

Violets

When I went walking this morning I picked a few violets.

 They bloom for such a short time.  I love violets.  I wanted to see what they looked like, the shape of the petals, the color of the stem and petals and center, the configuration of the petals.


 I'm stitching some violets.  It is the pre-stitching for the June retreat.  It is going to be a parasol shape etui (I think).  I have stitched just one parasol shaped needlebook before.


It is Brightneedle's Sagura.  But it is all one piece.  The violets will be eight panels put together.   I stitched part of one of the eight panels.

I'm wanted to fatten up the petals a bit.  Why do I always want to change things?
Marilyn thinks I should start Buzz by Hands On Designs.  I think that's a good idea.
A

1 comment:

  1. The tiny Violets are so pretty.
    We have them growing wild in our yard.
    What a cool Etui.
    Can't wait to see Buzz.
    It's on my list. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete