Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Accidental Trip

I'm back safe and sound.  I had a great time in Arizona.  There were lots of adventures.  The adventure actually started before I left.  I got a call the night before my flight.  BFF#2 was already in Arizona and was planning to pick me and Anna up at the airport.  But there was a glitch in the plans.  BFF#2 tripped in the hotel parking lot and was in the hospital!  I wasn't just a sprained ankle or something.  She broke her elbow - severely.  She ended up having surgery (!) on her arm involving a plate and screws.  So plans were rearranged a bit.
I flew without problems to Phoenix.  I got a taxi to the hotel and met Anna there.  I found out BFF#2 was still in the hospital.  So Anna and I decided to go to The Attic and The Fractured Prune.  Luckily I had Matilda, my GPS so we could find places.  When we went to get the rental car in the hotel parking lot, the windshield was cracked!  Just sitting in the parking lot!  We thought maybe the heat did it.
The great part was Anna did not mind driving.  I avoid driving as much as possible.  We were both hungry for some lunch.  We decided to go to the Fractured Prune first.  I know, donuts are not my usual lunch fare but I'm on vacation.  Oh, no!  We got to the Fractured Prune about 3 p.m. and it closed at 2:30.  Rats!  Oh well, we'll try again tomorrow.  We are still starving (figuratively speaking) so we drove to The Attic and saw a pizza place nearby.  Boy, did that taste good.  It was great to go to The Attic.

I had a list of things I was looking for and I found most of them.  It is always great to see all the samplers on the walls.  I knew we would be back to The Attic the next day so I didn't worry about getting everything.  While I was checking out at The Attic, we get a call that BFF#2 is going to be released from the hospital.  So we drive over to pick her up.  The hospital takes its sweet time getting the paperwork ready.  We have to stop at Walgreen's and fill some prescriptions.  It is fun to pick up some snacks (candy!) and other stuff we need too.  So we finally make it back to the resort.  This is the new entrance:


 BFF#2 and my room is just about the farthest room from the lobby.


 The view from our room:

 By this time we are hungry again.  We go to the resort restaurant and decide to get several appetizers to share for dinner.  That is such a fun way to eat.  The food was really good and interesting.  They brought us this great grilled bread like stuff similar to naan.  There was onion and tomato jelly to spread on it.  Yum.  It has been quite a day.  Poor BFF#2.  But she is determined to stay and enjoy the retreat.
A

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no! A broken elbow? I feel so bad for your BFF as that had to be quite painful. Ugh, I'm cringing just thinking about it.
    Glad you had fun in spite of all the mishaps. I would love to go to The Attic one day and look forward to seeing all your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I have missed you! Glad you are back. Sorry to hear about BFF #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    And yes, we do want to know what goodies you bought! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete