Saturday, August 13, 2016

Sat

Today is Saturday.  I almost forgot to post today!  Saturdays are pretty busy.  I walk then go to the Farmer's Market and then have breakfast and finally, I pay the bills.
Today I'll show you an update to Mistress L.  I have been steadily working away on her.   I finally got down to the queens.  Yea!  I'm working on the middle queen.  It is good that I have the casket queens for reference.

 I totally forgot what changes I made.
She will be 21 1/2 inches when this queen row is done.

 I looked at the casket queens and decided I wanted better coverage on their bodices than one strand of floss so I used some heavier floss, Vickie Clayton's Hand Dyed Fibers.  I have a box of them.
I like how she is turning out.

What I don't like is those green thingies on the arch.

 I think I'll add some leaves or flowers as they just don't look good to me.  On my casket I also added two birds, a snail and a worm.  Maybe I can work those in somewhere.  So far, so good.
A

4 comments:

  1. The queens from your casket side (?) are beautiful, but I agree that more coverage on the bodices is a good idea - the one on Mistress L looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along nicely, great idea with the Queens.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you show us pictures of your casket?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that sampler and the three queens ~ Great job! I am also just finishing up the Betsy Morgan breast cancer piece for Lois so it was good to see yours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete