Saturday, October 8, 2016

Good Mail

I got a kit that I ordered in the mail yesterday.  This kit had to come all the way from Tasmania.  I saw this made up at a retreat last June. (Great work Rebecca!)  It was just gorgeous.  So I tracked it down and was able to buy it.  I ordered it in July but the order got lost.  After emailing the designer, I got great service and it arrived here lickedy split.  It is called Birdcage, by Gary Clarke.

I have one other kit by him (that I haven't started yet).  The design is printed on a muslin fabric.  Then you embroider over the printed pattern.  I wasn't sure how it would go.  I tried stitching it just to see if I could make it look good.  (See, I'm being good and using a hoop)

This is a box that when opened will lay flat and have pockets for packages of needles in each side.  Then there is a domed top.  I have four sides of the bottom to stitch on and four sides of the top dome.

Today was the last farmer's market for the year for me as I will miss it next week.  I'll be at Winterthur for a conference.  It was 46 degrees this morning. It's getting cooler in the mornings.  I saw a few trees that are turning color.  I got some Halloween candy and the mini Junior Mint boxes have disappeared already.
A

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stash addition! Is it mostly worked in metallics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous.
    An interesting project, for sure.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete