Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Back to Normal

I'm so happy that today is a back-to-normal day!  Stores are open, mail will be delivered, I got my USA Today at the end of my driveway today.  I like regular days.  Sunday, January first, my tooth broke.  So today I called the dentist to see if I could get in.  Yes, he could see me in an hour.  The good news is, he was able to glue my tooth back in.  That's the easiest thing that could happen with a broken tooth.  I did some shopping while I was out.  We are supposed to get a bunch of snow tomorrow.  I got the floss for the gingerbread Santa mouse from Just Nan. (I probably already have all the floss but finding it is a pain!).  I got some navel oranges because they have good skin for making candied orange peel.  I also had to mail Claire some shortbread that I made for her yesterday.
I put the wafer paper butterflies on it.  It was tedious to carefully cut them all out.  After the shortbread cooled, I used corn syrup as glue to put them on.  I experimented with two of the butterflies on a separate piece of shortbread.  I put corn syrup on them and then sprinkled sugar on them.

I thought it obscured the butterflies too much so I didn't do the sugar thing on the main piece.

Here is a photo of my Owl and the Pussycat all framed.
I like how it turned out.  I didn't want the framing to take away from the stitching.  I really was not kind to the book binding and wondered if it would show.  I don't think it is noticeable.

 I'm very proud of the whole thing.  The frame is about 9" by 13", to give you some idea of the size.  I ordered the frame from American Frame.  I've had good luck with their frames.  The frame comes all put together and then I assemble the frame, mat and stitching.  I don't like glass on my stitching.  To me the texture is part of the art, especially with stumpwork pieces.
A

4 comments:

  1. The Owl and the Pussycat all framed is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great in that frame.
    Congrats on a great finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really lovely Amy! Thank you for showing me in Williamsburg, it was a treat to see it in person. Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is just phenomenal! Thank you for sharing your journey in stitching this.

    ReplyDelete