Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Finish

I just couldn't put this down until it was finished.  Two funky birds (that's what I call it).


Rosalyn (no-reply) wanted to know who designed it.  It is a Plum Creek Sampler design for The Silver Needle Circle of Friends club.

 I saw that Vonna had finished one of these off into a small pillow and it looked very nice.  One of these days I'm going to have to have a finish-finish day and make this into something.

I did really well yesterday.  I got the door of Home Sweet Home almost all done.

 About half way down the second row on the door I figured out how to do the Cretan stitch properly.  It was a tension problem.  Once I tightened up my tension, the stitch started looking much more even.  It is really supposed to be done over waste canvas but I'm working on an even weave (sort-of, there are more threads one way than the other).  So I stitched directly on the fabric.  I've got most of the hard parts on this side all done.  The rest of the stitching I know I can do easily.

It is snowy and very cold so I walked at the Y.  Still no blooms on the amaryllis.  I sent my money in for Stitchville's Spring Fling.  That is the first retreat of the year for me.  It is too far away to start counting the days.
A

2 comments:

  1. Love your progress in your last post. This is a lovely house. I`ve had the book for sometime but when they reprinted it `Inspirations` magazine put the pattern for `Bodkin Holder` by Carolyn Pearce in issue # 92. So have a copy in with my kitting of this project. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fraktur Friends is pretty, great job.
    The door looks good.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete