Thursday, April 13, 2017

Spring Fling Day Three

There is some stuff I forgot to show you yesterday.  When we checked into Spring Fling we got a name tag and a project bag.  Mine was pink.  Note that the zipper is on the short side of the bag.  Jolene liked the bag because it smelled like a new doll at Christmas.  Inside the bag were these things.


We got a Stitchville needle minder, a notebook with a sampler on the cover, nice hand cream and a pen and a set of two pretty dish towels. There was also an ort bowl.  I bought an ort bowl at Stitchville the day before.  I don't care, I love both of them!


 Now this is all in addition to the gifts we found in our rooms:  a frame, bread mix, two dip mixes, caramels and a bird dish.  My BFFs don't want the caramels so I ended up with nine caramels, I love them.  They were long gone by the time I took this photo.

 On top of all this my BFF had some gifts for me:

Waxers, a stamp, and a turtle tape measure.  The stamp is a joke between us.  I likened buying more fancy cross stitch kits to buying another vacuum cleaner,  One doesn't need 47 vacuum cleaners!  (That means our DHs are right when they ask, What do you need more cross stitch for?)

Now it is Saturday and I have a walking partner, Kim.

  Walking is so nice and goes way quicker when you walk with someone and talk.  It is much warmer today.
We have lots to do today.  We paint our boxes and frames.


 Then we take turns taking them outside after they dry to coat them with Briwax.  We let them dry for a few minutes, and then buff them.  I haven't done this before so it is good to learn how to do this.



While we are waiting for our turn, we stitch.  Chris is stitching hers one over one.  It is just beautiful.
I decide to change a couple of colors so it will show up better.  We are working on an overdyed fabric and I don't mind it.
We glue a color copy of the original sampler to the top of our box.

We get to ask Barb and Alma questions and they are so entertaining answering them.
Then at the end of the day we are taking turns putting wax on artificial flowers. and making a small bouquets.  I had never heard of this before but it is fun to try.

 Some are putting them on the top of their completed heart boxes.  I really like when I have a completed project to take home.  Luckily my BFF#2 is driving and will take my box with her so I don't have to put it in my suitcase.

Many are going to shop at Stitchville tonight.  I'm just staying at the hotel and stitching (talking!).  I'm a little sad knowing that tomorrow Spring Fling is over.  It has been so fun.
A



3 comments:

  1. So many wonderful items to keep from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great class pieces, and goodies.
    The Ort bowls are pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow everything is so beautiful..
    love the tortoise,
    love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete