Monday, May 29, 2017

A Finish-Finish

I can hear the high school band playing in the local parade to celebrate Memorial Day. Long ago I watched  many of those parades to see our Boy Scout.  I walked this morning as usual.  The bathrooms are clean.  I see the neighbors across the street are gearing up for a picnic.  We aren't doing anything special.  I could make a cake or something.  I have a banana cake mix I could make but I don't think DH likes that kind.  W'ell see what happens.  What I really should do is wash the kitchen floor.  Not very exciting.

I picked up something that was very close to finishing yesterday and got it done.  It is the Barbara Jackson egg.  There are two more to do, but not right now.


I even finished it off with batting, cording, backing and a bow.  It sure feels good to get something finished.

I got started on finishing the Virgin Queen's Stitching Wallet.  So far it has involved ironing, cutting,  interfacing. folding, lining, more interfacing and hand sewing.  And I'm not done.  Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.  I can't wait to see what it look like all done and in one complete piece.


I am tempted by the new offering from Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread.  I always say I'm not doing another mystery so I haven't signed up yet.  I'm going to control myself and wait to see what it looks like first.  Like I need another project.  What am I thinking?
A



4 comments:

  1. Your egg is so pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the wallet when it is finished. Hubby and I are having a quiet Memorial Day also. Enjoy your day and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That egg is gorgeous!
    The Wallet will be too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The egg is so beautiful ..
    Love your pretty stitches x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In business you only have to work smart an email promoting service will be able to help you get constant and normal flow of targeted visitors to your Webpages but in addition, it can help you automate your internet business providing you time to concentrate on other things.

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete