Saturday, May 20, 2017

New Toy

When you are a stitcher for more than 45 years, you collect a lot of stuff.  You are always on the lookout for great tools, especially lights, chairs, hoops and magnifiers.  When I visited Janet, she had a new magnifier/light.  It looked really great.  So when DS#1 gave me a gift card for Mother's Day, I ordered one just like Janet's.  It came in the mail yesterday.  It is a light made by Zeny.

 It came from Canada.  It is not designed to be a light to stitch by.  It is for the beauty industry, for giving manicures and facials.  I'm trying it out to see if I like it better than my other light and magnifier.  I had a magnifier sitting on a step stool (to make it the right height) and behind that a bright Blue Max light.  With this new combo magnifier/light there is just one thing by my stitching chair.  It is very cool since it has wheels.

You can pour water into the base to give it more stability.  I didn't do that yet.  It gives a softer light than my Blue Max light.  I love that the neck of it is very bendable to exactly where I need it without me having to contort to see through the magnifier.  I also like that there is no inset in the magnifier.


 It is distracting when there is an inset.  It is easy to turn on and off.  I've only tried it for one day so I haven't noticed any issues with it.  I've had bad luck with some of my magnifiers.  Three have broken due to poor design.  I have high hopes for this one.

The Farmer's Market was cold today.  I sure am missing those cinnamon rolls from last year.  Quiche doesn't do it for me.  I bought a couple of dark chocolate turtles instead.  Yes, I'm bad.
A

5 comments:

  1. Such a lamp would come to me!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good lamp for stitching.
    I just got a new Daylight after the neck on mine broke after 16 years.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, after you've used this light for a while, I hope you post how you like it. Looks like just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your new light is on wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a wonderfully warm day today also. I love your projects. They are so pretty.
    ลา ลีกา สเปน

    ReplyDelete