Friday, September 1, 2017

Miscellaneous

Someone asked me to show my Stitcher's tape.  This roll was given to me by a kind and  generous friend.

I think it is archival.  Which means what?  I think it means it is not acidic or won't harm your fabric.  Or maybe it means that it will last a long time and not get crunchy like regular tape.  The actual answer is that I don't know what it means.
Basically, it is heavy duty double stick tape in a larger size than fits my automatic tape gun (ATG).  It has been very useful in finishing.

This tape is used by framers and is kind of expensive.

I got an order from Colour and Cotton.  She was discontinuing some of her floss colors so I ordered some that I liked.
I just got notification that my monthly order of Colour and Cotton floss has been sent so I'll get 6 more skeins soon.  Like I need more floss.  But a stitcher always needs more floss.  I just need a better way to store it.  Well, actually, I need to get a bunch of floss off my sewing room floor.  I sort of like having it all around me though.  How weird is that?
A

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing tape info! Floss everywhere is my kinda deal too. Very inspired by all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great tape.
    The flosses are so pretty.
    Having the floss all around you means you really enjoy your hobby!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete