Sunday, September 17, 2017

Tudor Rose

I picked up the Amy Mitten kit I bought on Ebay a while back.  This is the part I'm working on:

I put a few more stitches in it.  I goofed though.  I was supposed to do long armed cross but I forgot and just did cross stitches across the bottom.  Right now, I don't feel like taking it out.  Who will ever know?

I got to the point where I could begin the lady and the man which are over one.  Each section of this chart is a challenge so I like that you just do one section at a time and not worry about the other sections.  It's not overwhelming that way.

I saw the next sampler in Amy Mitten's Around the World series and I like it.  My BFF#2 orders the samplers for the group and I can be part of her group.  The kits aren't shipped until late October.  Can I get Tudor Rose done by then?  Probably not, but we'll see.

My mother's husband died last week.  He was such a good man with a wonderful sense of humor.  He was born in 1929, at the beginning of the Great Depression.   He had many stories to tell of how they survived those times.  Old age had been very cruel to him so I'm glad is no longer suffers.  I salute you, Charles Hamilton, you were one of the best people ever.
A

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your family bereavement. You conjured up a lovely man in a few sentences. I also loved the new Amy Mitten round the world sampler and have ordered it. Good luck with Tudor Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty.
    Sorry to hear about your Mother's husband.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete