Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Indy Trip Day 3

Last Sunday we had our second class which was Sassenach Sampler smalls. We didn't know what we would be doing.  I loved the sampler and hoped we would be taking some parts from the sampler and making a scissors fob, needlebook and/or a pin cushion.  That isn't really what we did. 
Here is the kit.  Alas, there was no reference photo of the smalls.
We made a waxer with bee's wax and buttons.

We got a box that is to be covered with tartan paper on the sides.
We got a matchbox to be covered with tartan paper also.
We got a some shortbread and a little ruler.
I started the queen stitched strawberry.  Ugh, queen stitches.  
We got beads to fill a scissors rest and the strawberry.  I haven't used beads as filler before.
I was kind of burnt out on Sunday and didn't get much done. 
We left in the middle of the afternoon for the four hour drive home. 
It was a great and busy weekend.
If I was the designer, I would have used the horse or the peacock from the sampler for a scissors fob.

 I would have made a needle book using two of the three motifs in the bottom band.  I would have made that house the front of a pin cushion.  I guess I still could.  So many possibilities.
A

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you're going to make a whole lot of smalls to compliment this wonderful sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a beautiful Sampler.
    The smalls sound interesting.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete